If you are early startup owner or an entrepreneur with less than 2 years of experience and looking for some financial aid, then we have a great news for you! Total is bringing “Startupper of the Year” competition in Pakistan to support young enthusiastic startup owners and innovators. The competition is all about small-scale start-ups which address social issues and community challenges faced these days. The competition aims to support those projects which solve social issues on a local level.
Basic Ingredient for the Successful Startup
- Enthusiasm about solving problems faced by your country
- Project to bring a positive change in the society
- Social and community challenge
- Problem resolution on a local level
If your startup covers all of the points then believe us, you can be the 2018’s Startupper of the Year.
Social And Community Challenges
The topics of the project revolve around the daily social problems encountered by any country citizens including:
- Public Health
- Rural development
- Road safety
- Eco-friendly products/projects
- Waste management
- Water purification
Following points should be covered by the project participants:
- Impact of the project on people with time
- Contribution towards the country and society
- Cost effective and time-saving problem-solving technique
Who Can Participate?
Anyone who wants to bring a positive change in the country and intend to improve the living conditions of fellow citizens is more than welcome to present the project. The participants can be teenagers, students, graduates, working people, men and women between the ages of 18 and 35.
2018-19 Total Startupper of the Year
This competition was first held during last year in 34 African countries and Total has now diversified the competition in 55 countries globally.
Total will be selecting 3 winners from each country and those winners will be awarded:
- Financial support for the project
- Publicity and Marketing
- Mentoring and Coaching from the experts and professionals
- 1st Winner from each country will get the golden opportunity to compete for “Grand Regional Winner” award
Introduction Of Top Female Entrepreneur
A special category of “Top Female Entrepreneur” has been introduced in order to attract and promote female-led ventures and projects. Last year stats showed that winners comprised of 25% of the women but the total participation of women entrepreneurs was 13%. This surprising women’s turn-over has led the foundation of this special award to encourage women entrepreneur.
Criteria for Participation
- Age: Less than 35 years’ old
- Project/Startup Age: Not more than 2 years and should be established during the last two years
- The project addresses social Issues and is focused on social impact
- The project should be feasible, practical and implementable
- Call for projects (already accepting) – 5 weeks
- Moderation – 2 weeks
- Share on social media for likes for selecting Top 100 projects – 2 weeks
- Selections and Pitch evaluation for selecting Top 15 projects – 12 weeks
- Celebration from the winners – 4 weeks
- Coaching – To be determined
The registrations for the challenge are open for Total Startupper of the Year 2018. The participants can now apply from 9th October to 13th November. So all the change-makers, visit following website to register your project: