Lets take a minute to think and appreciate that oozing heaven on pizza topping – Yes, I am talking about CHEESE (duh). You would think that it is difficult to make pizza at home however, this is not the case and there are so many options out there in the grocery store that makes it very easy for you to make it at home. We will be your guide and all you need to do is buy the ingredients. Not only is it a quick recipe but also, it is soooo darn good that you can eat it all by yourself!
So, let’s get started! Following are some of the ingredients that will help you to make pizza at home that you can also alter as per your desire. If you like more toppings, feel free to add those too!
Things You Need To Make Pizza At Home
When it comes to pizza, you need the ingredients for toppings and for the base. If you want a ready-made pizza base mix, you can buy that OR you can make it on your own. Both way, this is the perfect guide for you to follow.
Following are some of the ingredients that you’ll need for the base:
- 5 cups of water (needs to be warm)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of the active dry yeast
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- 3 ¾ cups of flour
- Salt (2 teaspoons or less if you don’t like it too much)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (to activate the yeast)
Also, following are the ingredients that you’ll need for the topping part:
- Tomato sauce
- Cheese (cheddar cheese and mozzarella)
- Thin sliced mushroom
- Onions (sliced)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- Mixed Italian herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano etc.)
Steps to follow
- Take a cup and add yeast to warm water and stir. Leave it for five minutes and wait until it starts to foam. However, if you are using instant yeast, you can skip this part and add it directly to the dough mix.
- The next step is to mix all the dough ingredients and knead it properly. It must neither be too sticky nor too dry. Make sure you get a soft ball like shape and let it rise for 30 minutes by covering the bowl.
- In order to make pizza at home, you gotta have a baking tray shown in the picture besides an oven. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide the dough balls to make pizza at home of the desired size. Flatten it on the baking sheet or the tray of your choice and make sure that it is around ½ inches thick. If you want it more flat, you can do that too.
- Prep the toppings and layer the tomato sauce.
- After that, top the dough with the toppings as per your choice.
- Lastly, top it off with the grated cheese and add some seasoning over the top.
- Bake the pizza and make sure you bake one at a time. Ideally it takes 15 to 20 minutes but keep checking the sides until they are golden brown. Every oven works differently and you need to keep an eye on the pizza once it is in the oven.
Time To Eat!
We will skip this part because you know well how to eat it once you know how to make pizza at home!
You can watch the following link for more help: