2019 has started and we really hope that this year is going to an exciting and adventurous year full of opportunities. So, here is the good news and British Council is providing an excellent opportunity to the aspiring entrepreneurs of Pakistan to apply in their DICE Fellowship program. British Council is accepting application till 10th of January to empower 600 entrepreneurs from 300 enterprises to groom their skills and pitch in order to enable their businesses towards success. Well, this is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity that is open to 12 cities of Pakistan.
What is DICE Pakistan?
Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies (DICE) is an initiative by the British Council in developing countries to address two major current issues related to economies.
- Unemployment, underemployment and poor quality of employment opportunities for young job-seeking people
- Global economic Instability and political disaffection impact on emerging economies
DICE is a program that is currently working in five countries including Pakistan. DICE Pakistan provides opportunities for training, workshops, learning, mentoring, and networking to 600 young entrepreneurs.
Have you applied for DICE fellowship?Deadline to apply for DICE fellowship has extended till 10 January 2018.This 6 month long Fellowship programme is designed to help 600 social and/or creative enterprise leaders take their businesses to the next level. Apply Today!#DICEPakistan#RaiseKarobarApply now at https://bit.ly/2zSLT8F
Posted by British Council Pakistan on Tuesday, January 1, 2019
DICE Fellowship comprises of a six-month program which focusses on assisting social and inventive entrepreneurs to make their business sustainable in the market keeping in view all different aspects of business variations like size, experience, type of audience and customers etc. This program provides equal opportunities to women, girls, differently-abled people as well as minorities. The program majorly consists of the following four modules:
- Boot camp
- Workshops and Training
- Field visits
- Digital and On-line learning
Eligibility Criteria for DICE Fellowship
- 2-3 years’ experience of running a registered social or innovative enterprise
- Age 24-40
- Passion for growth, devotion, and dedication
- Potential to create a social impact through business in order to benefit the humanitarian or social cause.
There are three stages of selection:
- Online application/nomination
- Telephonic interview to the successful candidates after initial submission
- Business pitch to the panel – shortlisted applicants will deliver pitches between 11th and 19th January in 12 cities including Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gilgit Baltistan, Swat & Sukkur, Multan, Quetta, Peshawar, Hyderabad, Faisalabad, and Gujrat
- Online Application
- Pitch Session
- Boot camp
- Dice hub
- SoCreative Camps
- Field Visits
- Demo Day
Well, Pakistan is a developing country so looking at the bright side, there is a scope of improvement since there are many basic problems encountered every day. The idea is to take a problem and resolve it using technology or any other sustainable method. From water purification to making fuel using garbage, making reusable products, we have got a lot of areas where we can work on. It’s not just the government to provide employment opportunities but we can also create jobs by pitching our business ideas at such platforms like DICE Pakistan Fellowship.
For more info, visit: https://dicepakistan.org/